Days before the 41st Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) awarding ceremonies, Erik Matti’s film “Honor Thy Father” starring John Lloyd Cruz was disqualified from the list of best picture category nominees.
It was the latest in a string of controversies that has plagued the award-giving body where the winners are often ridiculed or questioned.
Tech Jungle: ABS CBN TV Plus Go Review
See the latest MMFF scandals stories here:
- MMFF 2015 Scandal: Direk Eric Matti, disappointed turns to social media
- Director Erik Matti’s forth-right message on 2015 MMFF awarding night
- Dondon Monteverde, “The fight continues”
- Direk Wenn Deramas reacts on the alleged ‘Ticket Swapping’: “Hoy magbago ka na!”
- “Nilalang” and “Honor Thy Father” pulled out in some cinemas as early as the first Day
- 1970s song wins MMFF 2015 Best original Song
Understandably, everyone wants to win in the MMFF. However, the end often doesn’t justify the means owing to allegations of widespread cheating and fraud that has put a black eye on this otherwise prestigious organization.