- Vice Ganda is preparing for his upcoming superhero film, to be directed by Joyce Bernal.
- The comedian will reunite with Daniel Padilla, who starred in his 2012 film “Sisterakas”.
- 2015 Miss Universe Pias Wurtzbach is now confirmed as one of the main cast in this project.
- While Pia admitted that she was a bit anxious since ot was her first major film, Vice said that she he will take care of the beauty queen.
- In contrast, Daniel stated that he is excited because the his role is different from the previous ones he portrayed in his past projects.
- The “La Luna Sangre” actor also hinted that his rumored girlfriend Kathryn Bernardo will be joining the cast eventually.
His latest film might not got the chance to be chosen as one of the entries for Metro Manila Film Festival, but this time, Vice Ganda assured that his film will be included in this year’s MMFF list.
The comedian makes sure that he will surpass the record he has set for “The Super Parental Guardians”; thus, he will be working with the King of Hearts Daniel Padilla in his upcoming flick. The film will also introduce the 2015 Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach.
On June 15, the three Kapamilya stars attended Star Cinema’s story conference for their upcoming movie held at the Manila Hotel. It was revealed that the film will be directed by Joyce Bernal, the director behind “The Super Parental Guardians”.
Although the title of this Vice Ganda-led film has yet to be revealed, it’s working title will be “Superheroes” — based on the film’s supposed theme.
For Pia, she is a bit anxious since it is her first film and she is one of the main cast. The beauty queen admitted, “Sabi ko nga kay Vice na medyo kinakabahan ako, kasi, first movie ko nga ‘to. Pero ni-reassure naman ako na masaya ‘to, na hindi naman ako dapat kabahan, na mag-e-enjoy ako sa movie na to.”
Vice Ganda then doubtlessly said, “Sabi ko sa kanya, promise ko, I will take care of you. Sabi ko sa kanya, don’t worry, mag-e-enjoy tayo dito.”
Meanwhile, the “La Luna Sangre” star revealed that he feels excited because the role he will be playing is new to him. “Very excited dahil kinuwento ang istorya. Kasi, first time ko rin gawin na ganito ‘yung role,” said Daniel.
Daniel then hinted that his onscreen partner Kathryn Bernardo might be participating in the film eventually. However, direk Joyce did not elaborate whether the Queen of Hearts is included as one of the cast or not.
The film would be Vice and Daniel’s reunion project after “Sisterakas” in 2012. On the other hand, this would also the first time for the “Gandang Gabi, Vice” host and Pia to star in a film together.
Will they be able to beat the record set by “The Super Parental Guardians”? Let’s all find out.