- President Duterte lambasted ABS-CBN, again.
- ABS-CBN is being hit by the President for reporting ‘fake news’ about his health.
President Rodrigo Duterte is on fire again as he did hit ABS-CBN anew.
In his recent speech in Mandaue City, the President accused ABS-CBN of spreading fake news about his health.
“Bastos ‘yang ABS-CBN. Fake news,” Duterte said.
He also blasted the media giant for allegedly headlining his health condition and that he was about to die.
“ABS-CBN ang nagbandera na malapit na ako mamatay… parang sinasabi na ‘I want you or maybe you should die.’ Pero sige lang.”
Duterte’s health condition has been in the headlines after Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) founding chairman and National Democratic Front (NDF) of the Philippines chief political consultant Jose Maria Sison has posted that Duterte was already in coma (since the afternoon or evening of August 19).
That news from Sison was picked up not only by ABS-CBN but also other media outlets and networks in the country.
However, ABS-CBN has been a favorite target of Duterte’s rants and tirades.
The President continues to maintain that the network owes him when they did not show his campaign ads which he paid for. Thus he previously threatened to block the network’s franchise renewal in several occasions.
But this latest tirade against the network was a complete turnaround from his calm and conciliatory mood during his speech in front of the members of Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilipinas (KBP).
In his August 14 speech at the Malacañan Palace, Duterte said he’s willing to let go of his beef against ABS-CBN, a news welcomed by ABS-CBN supporters and viewers who hoped that the network’s franchise will now be renewed in 2020.