- Cain at Abel is set to compete with FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano.
- Dennis Trillo admitted that the show’s production is pressured, yet they will remain resilient.
- He later explained that they don’t expect to beat the rival show, they just want to give a quality show.
Alden Richards’s Victor Magtanggol wasn’t nearly close in bringing down FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano. It didn’t survive the fight. Now, it’s Dennis Trillo and Dingdong Dantes’s turn to take on the humongous challenge.
The two Kapuso actors’ current series, Cain at Abel, is set to counter FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano’s ratings.
Yet no matter how high the hopes of GMA executives may be for the said new show and the two actors, Cain at Abel’s ratings still can’t be considered a threat or a huge competitor to the Coco Martin series.
According to the November 28 result of the survey conducted by Kantar Media: Cain at Abel only ranked 10th while FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano is still on top.
In an interview, Dennis Trillo admitted that going against a top-rating show takes a lot of pressure.
“Matinding pressure talaga,” he said.
“Pero tatayo at lalaban kami.”
When asked if there is a small ray of hope that they can surpass the rival show’s ratings, he answered, “Well, hindi kami umaasa na matatalo namin.
“Kung ano man, ang gusto lang namin ay makapag-offer ng magandang programa.
“Alternatibong programa para sa mga tao na naghihintay ng bagong aabangan sa telebisyon.”
Cain at Abel premiered on November 19. So far, it has not been successful in toppling FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano’s ratings as of yet.