- Carousell collaborated with non-profit organization, Hands On Manila, for the #PrelovedWithLove campaign.
- Laureen Uy made headlines as she is selling her preloved fashion and beauty items via the movement.
- Carousell has teamed up with other local celebrities and personalities
Laureen Uy has officially joined the lineup of influencers for the #PrelovedWithLove campaign, Carousell’s newly-launched charitable movement which aims to encourage the act of gifting and giving in a meaningful way.
Laureen is headlining the movement by selling her preloved fashion and beauty items and even her childhood memorabilia. “
I’m proud to be part of this meaningful campaign as many of us have underutilized items in our house that can benefit and be of value to someone else,” said Laureen at the campaign launch.
Aside from Laureen, Carousell teamed up with other local celebrities and personalities such as Martine Cajucom and Angel Dei Peralta and more. Each of them have put together a box of items that they no longer use, along with their personal stories attached. These boxes will be sold on Carousell and all proceeds will be donated to the Hands On Manila public school programme.
Carousell also encouraged the act of passing these preloved items on to someone who may have a greater need for them. Most of the personal items under the campaign are underused, and has its own story.
“On top of raising funds for our beneficiary, we hope this can kick-start a movement where our community can give away items they no longer need. With more than 11 million listings on our marketplace, Carousell is the platform to connect like-minded individuals to buy, sell, and also give away their items this Christmas,” said Marita Galvez, Marketing Executive, Carousell Philippines.
“This is aligned with Hands on Manila’s vision to empower every Filipino to contribute to the community. The proceeds will go to the ongoing social entrepreneurship program we are running in Mandaluyong Addition Hills Elementary School.” said Emmanuel Bienvenido Marquez, Executive Director, Hands on Manila.
Here’s how you can be involved:
- Buy a box for charity: From December 6 until December 10, you may support the cause by buying for the boxes listed on Carousell.
- Donate your preloved items: You may also be a part of the movement by listing your own box or item at Php 0.00 using the hashtag #PrelovedWithLove from now until Christmas, to pass your item on to someone who may benefit from it. These 0.00 blessings will be featured in a Special Collection also launching on December 11 to facilitate preloved exchanges for those in need.