- ABS-CBN Global Head of Anti-Piracy & Content Security Elisha Lawrence speaks at secureCISO San Francisco.
- “It’s no longer an IF, but WHEN,” claims secureCISO, the premier event series of Enterprise IT Security. That “it” refers to the clear and present dangers of enterprise vulnerability: the world of hackers, cybercriminals and data breaches.
On January 24, secureCISO gathered 100 InfoSec leaders to a by-invitation only collaboration in historic Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco, marking its first in a series of 15 events in 2019. ABS-CBN AVP and Global Head of Anti-Piracy and Content Security Elisha Lawrence was invited to speak on The Predictions Panel. According to secureCISO, the panelists were tasked to predict unknown future vulnerabilities. Here, the event gave its prediction panel an opportunity to look into their crystal ball and advance insight into what they believe this year’s threats are homing in on; whether it’s mobile, cloud, application or social hacking.
Joining Lawrence in the panel were: Steve Zalewski, Deputy CISO, Levi Strauss & Co.; Patrick Wilson, CISO & CIO, Contra Costa County Health Services; BG Badriprasad, Chief Security Architect, Ross Stores, Inc.; Vijay Bolina, CISO, Global VP Corporate IT & Production Infrastructure, Blackhawk Networks; and Edward Jaramillo, IT Cyber Security Director, Franklin Templeton.
Other panels included were:
- The CISO Panel – a discussion that went beyond the textbook and revealed the real paths, strategies and directions to defend against the unknown. Speakers came from 7.ai, Atlassian, Equinix, Splunk, Gilead Sciences and OpenTable.
- The WIT Panel – a discussion that focused on women in technology’s stories of leadership and diversity. Speakers came from Salesforce, Gap, Institute on Aging, Autodesk and San Francisco State University.
The following were also in the program:
- Keynote – Given by Hector Monsegur, internationally-recognized expert on global cyber security issues and a leading voice on cyberattacks and cyber warfare. Formerly known by his online alias, “Sabu,” Monsegur was once the technical expert behind the Anonymous/LulzSechacker collectives. As a “black hat hacker”, he highlighted critical vulnerabilities in numerous organizations, including governments, military organizations, and cyber security firms.
- A Fireside of Insight by enSilo that provided knowledge to help shape trending maneuver from within the CISOs office.
- Threat Defense in the Modern Era – Integrating Visibility, Threat Intel & Perimeter Protection for Enhanced Security – Perimeter security is a very useful and effective tool but the modern threat landscape presents a more complex environment than ever before. This session explained why current strategies are failing and how to plan for the future.
- Retreat to the CISOlounge – Conversations with colleagues and peers under the umbrella of the latest technologies and visionaries behind them.
- Third-party Security Management: Challenges and Solutions – Third-party data breaches are all over the news. This tackled how companies can manage and scale their third parties while guarding against cyber threats.
Lawrence has over 25 years of in-house experience specializing in designing and managing the global brand protection and enforcement programs for Levi’s, Twentieth Century Fox, Adobe Systems and currently ABS-CBN International. Her experience includes all aspects of company operations, including managing trademarks, copyrights & patents, global anti-piracy/anti-counterfeiting enforcement, litigation, compliance, employment, and contracts.
In 2017, Lawrence achieved what no other studio in the world has been able to do before: the arrest and imprisonment in China of two owners and operators of a global piracy operation.
Lawrence has spoken at several conferences in California and around the U.S.
secureCISO goes to Chicago on February 7, 2019.