in , ,

Keempee De Leon fights for his right to guest on ‘It’s Showtime’

  • Keempee De Leon is barred from guesting on ‘It’s Showtime’
  • He admitted that he has ‘tampo’ with former show ‘Eat Bulaga’
  • Kempee to Malou Choa-Fagar: ‘I am just being professional’

After 16 years of doing regular TV shows for GMA Network, Keempee de Leon is back with ABS-CBN last year. He has returned to the Kapamilya Network for a new television series. The actor will be part of ‘Nang Ngumiti Ang Langit’ under the RSB Drama Unit, which has produced shows like ‘Araw Gabi.’

His last regular project for the Kapamilya network was the 2002 comedy gag show Klasmeyts.’


Tech Jungle: ABS CBN TV Plus Go Review


Keempee had been a part of the longest-running noontime show in the Philippines for 14 years. However, his stint as an ‘Eat Bulaga’ co-host ended without clear reasons. Keempee admitted that he had to fight for his right to guest on ‘It’s Showtime’ last week, where he appeared in the show’s segment ‘KapareWho.’

In a press conference on Tuesday for ABS-CBN’s newest daytime drama ‘Nang Ngumiti Ang Langit,’ Kempee said he had a text conversation with a top executive of TAPE, Inc., the producer of the rival program. The actor admitted that he has ‘tampo’ on the ‘Eat Bulaga’ management.

“I’d been with ‘Eat Bulaga’ for 14 years and then wala na ako sa kanila for 3 years. Si Tita Malou Choa-Fagar (TAPE executive) tinext niya ako about that at sabi niya kumbaga since katapat ng ‘Eat Bulaga’ parang hindi puwede mag-guest dahil katapat ng ‘Eat Bulaga.’ Sabi niya it’s work ethics naman. Pero ipinaglaban ko. Sabi ko gusto ko mag-guest,” said Keempee, the son of ‘Eat Bulaga’ host Joey de Leon.

“Sabi ko I’m just being professional to my work, and at the same time lumipat na naman ako. I’m not with them. So gusto ko i-promote ‘yung show. Hindi naman po porke nag-guest ako sa ‘Showtime’ ay kinakalaban ko po sila. It’s about promoting the show ‘Nang Ngumiti Ang Langit,'” he added.

“Sabi ko kay Tita Malou, sana po walang personalan, trabaho ko po ito. It’s my choice and I had to move on.”

‘Nang Ngumiti Ang Langit,’ which also stars Sophia Reola, Enzo Pineda, RK Bagatsing, Cristine Reyes, Dante Rivero, Pilar Pilapil, and Ces Quesada, will premiere on March 25 before ‘It’s Showtime.’

Comments

‘It’s Showtime’s’ Kuya Waiter Ion Perez calls Vice Ganda “Kalbu”

Dingdong Dantes replaces wife Marian Rivera as ‘Tadhana’ host