Migo Adecer: Forgiven and released after posting bail

  • ‘StarStruck’ winner Migo Adecer got arrested after his car hits two Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) employees in Makati
  • Migo is released after posting bail
  • Rogelio Formelos Castillano and Michelle Gallova Papin withdrew their complaint

Douglas Errol Dreyfus Adecer , popularly known as Migo Adecer, rose to fame after clinching the title of Ultimate Male Survivor in GMA Network’s ‘StarStruck’ Season 6. Migo smiled for the camera last Tuesday, not for a photo shoot, but for a mug shot.

The 19-year-old was arrested after he side-swiped two Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) personnel in Makati last March 27. Riding a Subaru BRZ, he hit victims Rogelio Formelos Castillano and Michelle Gallova Papin, who were riding a motorcycle, and just kept going. Makati police said the actor sped off and hit a patrol car in his alleged attempt to elude arrest. He was chased down by police officers shortly after.

Prior to the incident, Migo figured in another traffic violation in Rockwell for driving recklessly.

On Wednesday, the actor was released from detention after posting bail. His lawyer, Marie Glen Abraham-Garduque said in a statement, “This was not a good experience to Migo, but he learned a lot from this. He would like to apologize to all the persons who had been adversely affected by this incident.”

The Filipino actor underwent inquest before the Makati City Prosecutor’s Office for alleged disobedience to a person in authority.

“He already said sorry to the police authorities explaining to them that disobeying them is his most remote intention. Whatever he said and done was just a product of mixed fear and confusion because of the situation,” Abraham-Garduque added.

The two MMDA employees who were struck by the sports car driven by Migo, withdrew their complaints. Migo is grateful for their kindness.

“He would like to say thank you as well to the two victims, who were kind enough to forgive him and decided to desist in filing any legal action against him,” the lawyer said.

Migo is willing to shoulder the hospital expenses of the victims, who are recuperating at the Ospital ng Makati.

GMA Artist Center, which handles the actor’s career, said it is closely monitoring the incident.

“He is willing to assist the two people injured and his lawyer is now coordinating with them. We defer to Migo’s lawyer to address all legal matters regarding this incident,” read part of the statement.

Comments

Loading...
LIKE IT? SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!

Article Tags

Abraham-Garduque1 GMA Artist Center523 migo adecer45 Migo Adecer GMA Artist Center4 Migo Adecer posted a bail1 Rogelio Formelos Castillano and Michelle Gallova Papin1 Starstruck60