in , ,

Piolo Pascual, no longer wants to accept teleserye projects?

  • For more than 20 years in the industry, Piolo Pascual stayed as a Kapamilya talent and has been very active with television work
  • The actor shared his thoughts about making teleseryes in an interview with entertainment site PEP.ph
  • But the Kapamilya actor is looking forward to doing more films
  • He has worked with award winning directors Brilliante Mendoza and Lav Diaz in the past

Piolo Pascual, 42, is a model, singer, actor, and a film producer. The Kapamilya actor started his career way back in 1994. Since then, his acting career has been instrumental to his success. Because of the potential that the film makers see in him, they trusted the young actor and did lots of soaps and films with him, and were satisfied.

From mere potential to movie veteran, he became a milestone in the industry and when you hear the name Piolo Pascual, his talent, or the total package of him as an artist, is what’s painted in our minds.

For more than 20 years in the industry, the actor stayed as a Kapamilya talent and have been very active with television work. He starred in a comedy-family show on Saturday nights with Tony Gonzaga, Home Sweetie Home, and is a regular on the ABS-CBN musical variety ‘Asap Natin To’ every Sunday.

Is he still open for teleseryes? The actor shared his thoughts about making teleseryes in an interview with entertainment site PEP.ph. He said that he’s been doing teleseryes for the longest time.

“I’ve done more than a dozen soaps, I’ve been in the business for 20 years. It’s the same thing I’ve been doing the last 10 years. I want to be able do other things and diversify,” he said.

“That’s something that… I don’t enjoy doing anymore. I don’t want to be stuck in a set. It’s hard. I mean, I don’t want to take it away from somebody else, but it’s not something that I wanna pursue for now anymore,” he added.

But, the Kapamilya actor is looking forward to doing more films. He had worked with award winning directors Brilliante Mendoza and Lav Diaz in the past.

“We’re just really excited because it’s a good project. We’re almost done. It should be out soon,” he said about his new film with Mendoza.

The actor explained that it is almost done but the director told him to shoot the remaining scenes another day because he needed him to grow his hair.

He shared that he will also be doing a Star Cinema film but did not enclose any details about it yet.

“It’s a reunion film as well,” he teased.

And clarified that it’s not the film everyone’s expecting, a film with former love team Judy Ann Santos.

“Juday and I will always be friends, no matter what happens, you know. Kapag nagkikita kami, parang… wala namang isyu talaga sa amin. It’s just a matter of time, I guess, when she’s free already to do the film,” he said.

“But keeping my fingers crossed, I hope, bago kami tumanda, and that’s what I always say. And anytime she’s free, I’ll make myself free for her,” he added.

From actor to  being a producer, does Piolo see himself as a director too?

“Wala po. Producing lang talaga. I don’t see myself becoming a director. I don’t think it’s on the horizon. I don’t find it appealing for me. I don’t have the knack for it,” he said.

He also shared that producing is more to his liking while directing is a task that is too much to handle.



“Producing, it’s different, because it’s business. But I don’t see myself having to, you know, compose my shots. I don’t like to be a director in that sense because it’s too much to handle, yeah,” he ended.

Comments

‘The General’s Daughter’s’ rating is twice the score of its rival series

Alden Richards’ team up with Kathryn Bernardo is the Kapuso actor’s big shot at fame