- PLDT Home celebrated Mother’s Day in a heartwarming three-part web series that narrates the stories of different moms
- PLDT Home’s Mother’s Day present taught us a lot of things about being a mom
- There is no single formula or manual on being a parent. It’s okay to figure it out and learn as you go along
This year, PLDT Home celebrated Mother’s Day in a heartwarming three-part web series that narrates the stories of different moms. The story tells how motherhood is both a commitment and privilege. It is a 24-hour job, but it is also a special instance where you love and care for a person more than you love and care for yourself.
Here are five things Mother Hood taught us:
1. Things take time to fall into place.
Claire, a first-time mom, taught us that being a mother, or a parent takes a lot of patience. You want things to happen right away, but they just don’t. It takes time to learn motherhood. It takes time to fit in the role. But in the end, everything is going to be worth it.
2. You don’t have to be a biological mother to be a mom.
Mother Hood teaches us that one doesn’t need to be a biological mother to be a mom. Being a mom is about loving and caring for a child unconditionally and raising him to the best of your ability.
3. An honest relationship with your children matters.
One of the most important things to have as a parent is the trust of your children. Maintain that trust by being truthful of the circumstances and involving them in the situation. Kids appreciate honesty.
4. Don’t be disheartened! There’s always support from people around you.
There are times when you can’t do things on your own. During these times, surround yourself with people who you can count on for help and guide you very step of the way.
5. Trust in yourself! You can be a great parent!
There is no single formula or manual on being a parent. It’s okay to figure it out and learn as you go along. You’ll make a mistake or two, but these are things that will prepare and toughen your heart to be a great mom!
Appreciating and loving our mothers is never too late! Witness the journey of Mamita, Claire, Benj, and Alice by watching the Mother Hood web series on PLDT Home’s YouTube Channel.