- Sahaya is set to end in two weeks
- The Kapuso epic drama series will be replaced by Beautiful Justice
- FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano will be pitted against another action drama series
In its almost four-year run on national television, FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano has maintained its wide lead in the battle of ratings. Since its airing, the Kapamilya primetime series captured the interests of many TV viewers making it the “Most Watched TV program” in the Philippines.
For years, the Kapamilya action-packed series has been pitted against several TV shows of GMA Network. For the record, there are already 14 Kapuso TV series including Sahaya that attempted to beat FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano, but ended up unsuccessful.
Below are the list of action-packed TV series of GMA Network that were pitted against FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano, but failed to snatch the lead away:
- Alyas Robin Hood starring Kapuso Primetime King Dingdong Dantes aired for more than a year with season two extension in 2016. This is the first action-packed series that was pitted against FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano.
- Super Ma’am with Kapuso Primetime Queen Maria Rivera premiered on September 18, 2017 and concluded on January 26, 2018. Just like her husband’s series Alyas Robinhood, her show wasn’t able to beat ABS-CBN’s action series.
- Alyas Robin Hood Season 2 top-billed by Ruru Madrid with 75 episodes failed against Coco Martin’s show which remained on top until Ruru’s show ended.
- Cain at Abel united Dingdong Dantes and Dennis Trillo but the show only lasted three months. Despite the alliance of two aces of GMA Network, the program wasn’t able to beat its rival show.
The Kapuso Network had been cooking up a new action series to go against FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano. Rosang Agimat was supposed to be Gabbi Garcia’s biggest break. However, due to the veteran actor Eddie Garcia’s untimely passing due to an accident on the set, the program was shelved.
FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano’s current rival program, Sahaya, is down to its last two weeks. GMA Network is planning another action series to go up against the Kapamilya juggernaut.
Titled Beautiful Justice, the upcoming action-packed TV series will replace Sahaya in its timeslot to face-off with Coco Martin’s drama-action series.
The new series tells the story of three brave and courageous women who will form alliance to seek revenge for their dead loved ones.
Bea Binene, Gabbi Garcia, and Yasmien Kurdi star in the lead roles. Other cast members include Derrick Monasterio, Valeen Montenegro, Bing Loyzaga, and Victor Neri who have undergone strenuous and intense training in guns and combat.
As Sahaya ends and Beautiful Justice begins, will the new show finally be able to triumph against FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano?