- Kathryn Bernardo and Alden Richard’s first movie together Hello, Love, Goodbye grossed more than P66 Million in two days
- The romance-drama film earned positive reviews from fans and moviegoers
- Fans are beginning to clamor for a sequel.
Hello, Love, Goodbye is definitely a box office hit. On its first day, the romance drama earned more than 34 million. On its second day, the figure rose to more than 66 million. And so far there are no signs that its slowing down soon.
Before it was released last Wednesday, July 31, the film was unanimously Graded ‘A’ by Cinema Evaluation Board, proving that the film is worth your while. From its promotion period up to its official release date, fans and supporters didn’t fail to show their utmost support for the movie, especially for its headliners, Richards and Bernardo who really gave their best in giving life to their characters.
The two stars were present during their movie’s premiere night. Bernardo and Richards also attended block screenings funded by their respective fans clubs.
The Kapuso actor couldn’t hide his happiness for the support of his friends and the GMA bosses who watched his first-ever Star Cinema project. Celebrities like Betong, Chariz Solomon, Mikee Quintos, Ruru Madrid, Valeen Montenegro, and Christian Bautista to name a few attended the screening.
From its first day, the movie earned positive reviews from moviegoers. It even became one of the most talked-about topics on Twitter.
Bernardo and Richards were even praised for their undeniable, organic, “nakakakilig” chemistry, and for portraying their characters very well. Their moving, heavy scenes and heart-crushing lines added to the beauty of the story. Because of their proven versatility and natural chemistry, Bernardo and Richards were even tagged as the next “John Lloyd Cruz and Sarah Geronimo.”
I FREAKING NOMINATE KATHRYN BERNARDO FOR BEST ACTRESS ON HER ROLE AS JOY FROM THE PHENOMENAL FILM OF 2019, HELLO LOVE GOODBYE! WAIT, I STAND CORRECTED! NO NEED FOR NOMINATION! SHE IS INDEED A BEST ACTRESS IN EVERY ROLE SHE DID! PERIODTTT*BretmanVoice #HelloLoveGoodbyeBlockbuster pic.twitter.com/Vy6vjsfHVt
— Mac (@mac_queenn) August 1, 2019
Not an Aldub fan nor a Kathniel fan. ♥ On this movie, your superb acting talents are prominent @bernardokath and @aldenrichards02. You're among the best actors of today's generation. 👏 Congratulations. ✨#HelloLoveGoodbye#HelloLoveGoodbyeBlockbuster pic.twitter.com/9eLzi98ZLl
Meanwhile, some netizens think that Hello, Love, Goodbye may have a sequel based on how the story ran.
Richards already affirmed that he’s open for any possibility of having a sequel to their movie.
“Good idea po of sundan ‘yung ‘Hello, Love, Goodbye,’ maghihintay lang po kami lahat for that. Maybe soon or hindi rin po namin alam kung kailan po siya magko-commence. Pero ako po, looking forward pa rin kasi ang dami rin po, halos lahat ng lumalabas sa cinema, nababasa namin ‘yung release na, ‘Sana may part 2, sana may part 2,’ “ the Pambansang Bae said during the bloggers’ conference for Hello, Love, Goodbye last Thursday, August 1.
For Cathy Garcia-Molina, the director behind Bernardo-Richards’ film, also shared that she’s not closing her doors on any possibility. She said: “Well, I’m not closing my doors. Anything is possible, always. In all my films, kung gusto mong dugtungan, puwede naman. But tingnan natin.”
Here are some of netizens’ tweets asking for sequel of the movie.
— 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝 (@iampresyosaaa) August 1, 2019
Hahaha. Shocks! Guilty, first time kong makatapos ng lahat, as in hanggang blackout na screen, expecting for something kaso wala na pala talaga. Kaya sana may sequel talaga!!! Huhu#HelloLoveGoodbye#HelloLoveGoodbyeBlockbuster #HelloLoveGoodbyeThankYouPo pic.twitter.com/KchKEPLqzo
— angelu1007 (@angelu1007) August 1, 2019
— marky credo bang (@iamMharkie02) August 1, 2019