- Miracle in Cell No.7 has snatched the number one position from The Mall, The Merrier ‘ as the MMFF 2019 top grosser
- Anne Curtis reacted to this news
- Last year, the Vice Ganda starrer Fantastica dominated the MMFF
Despite having a strong start at the box office, Anne Curtis and Vice Ganda’s Metro Manila Film Festival 2019 entry ‘The Mall, The Merrier ‘ended up in the second spot among the eight films.
The Philippine adaptation of the Korean film Miracle in Cell No.7 successfully reigned over the film festival.
In spite of losing their no.1 position, Anne Curtis said she is just thankful for the results of the film.
“Ang importante, marami ang naaliw sa story,” Anne told the press.
Reacting to the news that Aga Muhlach and Xia Vigor’s drama film grabbed the title as number one top grosser, Anne smiled and responded, “I heard na talagang maganda ang movie, and let’s all admit na magaling ding aktor si Aga.”
Aga and Anne did a movie together in 2008, When Love Begins, produced by Star Cinema and helmed by Jose Javier Reyes.
Vice’s MMFF movie last year Fantastica took home P600 million in earnings. The Mall, The Merrier raked in P250 million only.
Check out this unofficial list of MMFF 2019 rankings and their respective earnings as of January 4:
1. Miracle In Cell No. 7 = P350M
2. The Mall The Merrier = P305M
3. 3Pol Trobol = P80M
4. Mission Unstapabol = P70M
5. Sunod = P20M
6. Mindanao = P15M
7. Write About Love = P5M
8. Culion = P2M