in , ,

Liza Soberano makes a plea: ‘To our dear lawmakers, may I humbly ask, please renew the ABS-CBN franchise’

The 22-year-old actress ended her statement by humbly asking for the government to consider ABS-CBN’s request for a new franchise following its dramatic shutdown on May 5.

Kapamilya actress Liza Soberano finally aired her sentiments on the franchise renewal of ABS-CBN which has been shut down for almost a month now.

Through an Instagram post on Thursday, May 28, the ‘Make It With You’ star shared with her followers a series of photos containing her lengthy message about the pandemic, the effect of ABS-CBN shutdown on its employees and talents, and what would it be like when the network would be given another chance to serve.

“Let us all heal our hearts with good solutions. Gawin natin ito para sa ikabubuti ng ating bansa para makita sa pilipinas na tayo ay nagkakaisa,” Soberano wrote in the caption.

“It has been almost three months since the world has been put on pause due to this pandemic, three months since the world has become full of uncertainties, anger, and tears. So many changes have been made to adjust to a world in which we are at war with an enemy that can’t be seen.

“It is no secret that ABS-CBN has been facing many challenges these past few weeks. Marami na po ang nagbigay ng kanilang saloobin tungkol dito. May mga nagalit, nalungkot, at nasaktan. Meron ding natuwa at nag sabing dapat lang.

“Hindi po ito ang tamang panahon para mag away away ang lahat. We all have different principles in our life and we all have the right to our own opinions. Pero kung mapapansin po ninyo, pride ang nananaig, and because of our pride and beliefs we are forgetting what is truly important during these time, at yun ang maging mabuting tao sa lahat.

“The key is to be united. Not only the company and the government but the nation as a whole. Nobody is perfect and nobody ever will be, but if we choose to humble ourselves and focus on what really needs to be addressed, then maybe we can also help the world heal.

“I believe that ABS-CBN, the senate and the congress are all doing their best para maayos and lahat sa tamang paraan at tamang proseso. Naniniwala ako na kung may pagkakamali o pagkukulang man ang aming istasyon sinisikap po ng aming leaders na maisaayos po ang lahat. The same as our government officials are doing their part.

“I am one of the many actresses that has been given the chance [by ABS-CBN] to make something out of my life, at lahat ng yun nangyari dahil sa opportunity. Kaya kung mabibigyan ulit [ang] ABS-CBN ng opportunity to continue serving in the best way it can — by fully operating, I’m sure maraming empleyado, katulad ko, ang magiging masaya.

“Walang mawawalan ng trabaho, mas marami ang mabibigyan ng tulong, mas maraming ma rereach, hindi lang sa Pilipinas kundi sa buong mundo. Kasi, if there is one thing that ABS-CBN and the government have in common, yun ang serbisyong makatulong sa bawat Pilipino.”

The 22-year-old actress ended her statement by humbly asking for the government to consider ABS-CBN’s request for a new franchise following its dramatic shutdown on May 5.

“To our dear lawmakers, may I humbly ask, please renew the ABS-CBN franchise,” she said.

Prior to this, Soberano had spoken up about the then-ongoing problem ABS-CBN had been dealing with before it was ordered to shut down after its congressional-franchise expired on May 4.

In an interview, Liza said, “I believe he is understanding and alam niya namang maraming maapektuhan. It’s not just the company itself but all the employees and I’m sure he has a generous heart and understanding heart, so I hope he wakes up one morning and he thinks about it again and maging bukas ‘yung puso niya sa lahat ng smaller employees na nangangailangan ng trabaho.”

Soberano currently stars in the primetime teleserye ‘Make It With You‘ sharing the lead roles with reel-and-real partner Enrique Gil. The series premiered on January 13. However, on March 15, the series was put on hiatus due to lockdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.

With the House hearing to tackle ABS-CBN’s franchise renewal bills still on-going, there’s no definite date when the media giant will come back on-air.



‘Make It With You‘ is set to resume taping, however, senior actors won’t be allowed to work.

Comments

Constitutionalist Christian Monsod fact-checks Rep. Rodante Marcoleta on franchise limit

Lenovo re-enters PH smartphone market with new models, launches range of smart home devices for the first time