Loyal Kapamilya viewers remained with the embattled network despite its shutdown.
According to the Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilipinas (KBP), 90% of ABS-CBN’s viewers didn’t switch to rival channels even though the network is currently off the air.
In a TV Patrol report on Friday, June 5, KBP President Ruperto Nicdao said that at least 90% of ABS-CBN remained loyal to the Kapamilya network and didn’t switch channels after its broadcast shutdown.
“I think more than 90% of ABS-CBN Viewers did not move to the competitor channel, I think what they did, my own thinking is that they moved to your digital broadcast,” Atty. Ruperto Nicdao, KBP President said.
ABS-CBN has been off the air since May 5 after the National Telecommunications Commission issued cease and desist order against the network.
Since then, ABS-CBN has been using their digital platforms to broadcast some of its programs.
TV Patrol can be viewed through their YouTube channel and Facebook page, Teleradyo, and Cinemo channels on TV Plus and cable channel ANC.
Starting June 13, more Kapamilya shows will be back on television via the Kapamilya Channel on cable and satellite TVs. FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano, It’s Showtime, ASAP Natin To, Magandang Buhay, A Soldier’s Heart, and Love Thy Woman are some of the Kapamilya teleseryes and shows that will be returning on TV via the Kapamilya Channel.
Meanwhile, ABS-CBN’s franchise hearing is still at the committee level of the Legislative Franchises Committee in the House of Representatives.
The hearings will continue despite the congress’ session break after Deputy Speaker Martin Romualdez made a motion to allow the continuation of all standing hearings after their sine die adjournment last June 5.