in , ,

Solicitor General Jose Calida hits back at Coco Martin over his rants on ABS-CBN franchise issue

Calida reacted to the rant of the Coco Martin over the issue of the ABS-CBN franchise renewal.

  • Martin slammed the National Telecommunications Commission for its cease and desist order against the network
  • Calida reiterated that ABS-CBN has violations and will not let go of this legal battle.

During the House hearing on Monday, Solicitor General Jose Calida reacted to the rant of the Coco Martin over the issue of ABS-CBN’s franchise renewal.

To recall, the FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano actor slammed the National Telecommunications Commission for its cease and desist order against the network during the Facebook live “Laban Kapamilya” along with the other ABS-CBN stars.

He criticized Calida’s participation regarding franchise renewal that led to the shutdown of the network. Calida previously filed a quo warranto petition revoking the franchise of the ABS-CBN withthe Supreme Court. Calida also wrote to the NTC to warn them of possible charges should they grant ABS-CBN provisional authority to operate.

During the session, the Solicitor General reiterated that ABS-CBN has violations and he will not let go of this legal battle.

Based on the CNN Twitter post, Calida also addressed Coco Martin’s rant on social media and saying the outburst of the actor “showed a clear lack of understanding” of the franchise issue.

After expressing his grievances on social media, Coco received a massive amount of bashing on social media. But this did not stop him as he fired back at bashers and trolls who are rejoicing over the network shutdown.

On his Instagram account, he gave fair warning to all the bashers rejoicing over the ABS-CBN shutdown and said: “Pag balik namin pag sasapakin ko lahat ng tuwang tuwa ngayon na sarado na ang ABSCBN!!! Baka pag balik namin sasabihin ng mga bashers namin miss na miss niyo kami at makikipila kayo sa showtime para manood ng live at sumali sa contest.

“Try nyo manood ng Probinsyano sisipain ko muka niyo!!! WAG KANA MAG COMMENT DAHIL DI KO BABASAHIN MAG SASAYANG KA LANG NG PISO PANG YUSI MUNA YAN!!!” he said. 

“Ngayon ko lang naramdaman ang sarap pala sa pakiramdam yung nalalabas mo yung mga nasasa loob mo, yung wala kang kinatatakutan at pinangingilagan kaya pala masayang masaya yung mga bashers at trolls sa ginagawa nila e! Kasi tayong mga artista walang magawa kapag nilait nila kapag kinutya nia di tayo makapalag. Ngayon wala na tayong trabaho pantay pantay na tayo, pwede na tayo lumaban wala na tayo dapat katakutan!!” he added.

For now, Coco has quieted down. Perhaps, he was advised that he might face a lawsuit because of what he is saying in public. It was also alleged that a big client turned down his endorsement deal because of his rant on social media.



But despite that, he said in one of his recent posts that they will continue to fight.

Comments



One Comment

One Ping



  1. Pingback:

Loading…

0

‘Pantawid Ng Pag-Ibig’ aids more than 750k families, gears up for 2nd phase to cross 1 million mark

Angelica Panganiban emotionally bids farewell to ‘Banana Sundae’ family