in , , ,

Coco Martin suddenly silent over the ABS-CBN shutdown

Has Coco Martin chosen to quiet down on social media amid the cry for justice on ABS-CBN’s franchise verdict?

Kapamilya star Coco Martin has quieted down over the ABS-CBN network franchise issue.

Martin was one of the first artists who lamented about the injustices when ABS-CBN was forced to shut down on May 5.

He even furiously slammed both the National Telecommunication Commission (NTC) and Solicitor General Jose Calida after the network went off-air to comply with the issued cease and desist order.

He took out his frustrations on Instagram and in a series of posts lambasted the “heartless” people behind the decision.

“Hindi man ako kasing talino ng iba, alam ko at malinaw sa akin na mali at kawalang katarungan ang tanggalan ng hanapbuhay ang ilang libong empleyado,” he said.

“Maraming maraming salamat Solicitor General Jose Calida at sa bumubuo ng National Telecommunications Commission sa kontribusyon niyo sa ating bayan! Tinatarantado ninyo ang mga Pilipino!” he added.

SolGen Calida, who supposedly had a role in the shutdown, replied to the criticism thrown by Martin stating, “If I had not been the SolGen, I would have called his bluff and make him eat his words.”

He also claimed that the network artists used their influence to speak against the government in desperation.

“Stars and celebrities have taken to social media to rail against what they perceive to be oppression on the part of the government. In desperation, they would want to use their influence over their multitudes of fans to muddle the issue and drum up support for their network,” he said.

Days after the online clash Martin apologized to Calida for his remarks.

He said, “Pasensya na po kayo kung may nasabi po kami na galit sa aming dibdib at sana maunawaan niyo din po ‘yon!”

Since then, the action star has become silent even after the House of Representatives denied the franchise renewal of ABS-CBN.

Days after the franchise rejection, enraged talents, employees, and supporters of the shuttered network took their sentiments to the streets in front of the ABS-CBN Building.

Among the active protesters was Kapamilya actress Angel Locsin who, during the protest, unleashed her fury and called out her fellow artists who remained silent over the failed battle of their home network.

“Sa lahat ng artistang hindi nagsasalita, ano? May career pa ba kayo? Wala na, wala na kayong network,” she said.

Without mentioning names, she criticized those talents who, instead of using their voice to show support, continued to post on their Instagram account without any mention of what had happened to their network – thereby showing indifference to the issue at hand. She stated, “Kapag hindi tayo nagsalita, ibig sabihin kinampihan natin ang mali!”

“Kahit magpa-cute kayo diyan sa Instagram, mag-send kayo ng mga sad face —hindi niyo nadadamayan ang mga katrabaho niyong dahilan kung bakit kayo sumikat.,” she added.



Some of ABS-CBN’s big stars who were criticized for not voicing out their support to their home network’s dilemma were Sarah Geronimo, Toni Gonzaga, and Nadine Lustre who later on showed support to ABS-CBN on their respective social media accounts.

Comments

Pokwang, Jessy Mendiola have new TV5 shows

Rising superstar Kaviede drops New Single “GET A MEAL”