The current fight against the coronavirus pandemic has brought out many courageous heroes – essential workers — who continue to rise up to the challenge and put their lives on the line to help those in need.
There has also been an outpouring of people who want to help amidst the quarantine and social distancing guidelines.
Donation drives and appreciation posts for these everyday heroes can be found all over the internet, on billboards, and even on TV. These times of adversity have shown our true characters.
With National Heroes Day coming this month, we can ask ourselves, “how can we become modern day heroes?” A hero is often portrayed as someone who has extraordinary powers doing extraordinary things. Heroes on TV lift cars, run at incredible speeds, or fly alongside airplanes to save people from harm. All these however boil down to heroic acts which is just a more colorful term for good deeds. Being a hero just comes down to doing good deeds to the people around us. May it be by being a good parent, child, or citizen, wearing a mask to prevent the spread of diseases, or by standing up to injustices happening around us. All these good deeds make us heroes, no different from the ones we see with capes on our screens.
As we continue to recognize and pay tribute to our real-world heroes, you can also be a hero by staying at home to prevent spreading COVID-19 while keeping entertained by our favorite superheroes on HBO GO.
- Aquaman – This action-packed movie is all about one of the most powerful DC Super Heroes, the monarch of the undersea realm of Atlantis and King of the Seven Seas. See how Aquaman’s super-strength and telepathic abilities makes him one of the most powerful minds on the planet.
- Justice League vs The Fatal Five – Feel like watching an animated film? You will enjoy Justice League vs The Fatal Five as they reunite with a new class of heroes joining the iconic DC characters. After all, heroes have everyday acts of kindness whether you are old or young, big or small.
- Watchmen – Set in an alternate history where masked vigilantes are treated as outlaws, you can also enjoy Watchmen’s insightful and exciting episodes. There are many things going on in the world, but you might be able to spot the differences from today’s real-life to this series’ alternate version of present day.
- Teen Titans Go! Vs Teen Titans – Staying in another day with the family? The kids might be looking for a comedic-animation of Super Heroes. Check out this crossover as these two Titan teams set aside their differences to save the universe. We all have our ways of being Super Heroes.
- Doom Patrol – Filipino DC fans are in for a treat with the newest offering from HBO GO. This HBO Max Original Series reimagines one of DC’s strangest groups of Super Heroes. See how each team member’s horrible accident has affected them to come together to protect the newest member of their family.
You can watch all these shows on HBO GO and check out the DC Superheroes rail on HBO GO this month! For only P149 a month, you can get your superhero thrills by watching your favorite superheroes anytime, anywhere by downloading the HBO GO app. All of us can make a nation of heroes our National Heroes can be proud of not just this month, but for generations to come.
Don’t have HBO GO? Download the app from App Store or Play Store on your device and enjoy a 7-day free trial. You can also access HBO GO at https://www.hbogoasia.com/.