With the denial of ABS-CBN’s franchise renewal, radio station DZMM bids goodbye to multiple long-running radio programs.
Among these radio programs are:
- Red Alert with Jeff Canoy, Prof. Mahar Lagmay, and Dr. Ted Esguerra
- Dra. Bles @ Ur Serbis with Dra. Bles Salvador
- Magpayo Nga Kayo with May Valle-Ceniza and Atty. Joey Lina
- Todo-Todo Walang Preno with Winnie Cordero and Ariel Ureta
- Good Vibes with Niña Corpuz
- Tandem with Lima and Logan
- Dr. Love with Bro. Jun Banaag
- Magandang Morning with Zen Hernandez and Julius Babao
- OMJ with Ogie Diaz and MJ Felipe
DZMM aims to shake things up with the weekend programming with new radio shows like Telebalita, Your Daily Do’s, and Winner sa Life.
Telebalita will replace Magandang Mornings and will be hosted by Babao and Hernandez. It airs every Saturday and Sunday from 7 to 8 a.m. The radio program aims to provide a round-up of the latest headlines and biggest news stories.
Your Daily Do’s is a health and wellness radio program hosted by dermatologist Luisa Puyat and alternative medicine advocate and coach Harris Acero. It airs Saturday from 8 to 9 am.
Winner sa Life will be hosted by Winnie Cordero. It will feature positive and feel-good stories and share practical tips, DIYs, life hacks, meal and nutrition plans, and physical fitness activities. The radio show airs every Saturday from 9 to 10:30 am.
After the House of Representatives denied ABS-CBN’s 25-year franchise, the network suffered a net loss of P3.93 billion. It has lead to the implementation of retrenchment programs that impacted significant portions of the network prompting ABS-CBN to downsize its operations and cut its losses.
Multiple units of the network have already announced that they will cease operations following the shutdown and the retrenchment programs of ABS-CBN.