in , ,

Ogie Diaz says ‘no’ to supporters of ABS-CBN shutdown asking for his help

Ogie Diaz surely holds a grudge towards those who agreed that the company he’s working with be shut down.

Some people who supported the denial of ABS-CBN’s franchise seemed to have forgotten about it when they asked Ogie Diaz—comedian, showbiz writer, and talent manager who was affected by the network’s shutdown—for a favor.

In a Facebook post, Diaz shared his experience with a production person who wanted his support for an actor with his upcoming movie.

The unnamed person wanted Diaz to interview and feature the said actor on his YouTube channel. This particular actor, among others, supported the shutdown of ABS-CBN. And as a result, Diaz, who was straightforward, did not extend his help.

“Asking for my support ang isang namamahala ng isang movie for the filmfest. Baka daw pwede kong i-guest at interbyuhin sa aking YouTube channel yung isang bida doon. Sabi ko nang wala nang paligoy-ligoy pa, ‘No. Yes to ABS-CBN shutdown siya. Sorry.’ Kung maganda naman yung movie niya, hindi naman niya ako kailangan. Kikita pa rin yan. Sana lang, mahusay na siyang umarte,” he wrote on his Facebook.

Asking for my support ang isang namamahala ng isang movie for the filmfest. Baka daw pwede kong i-guest at interbyuhin…

Posted by Ogie Diaz on Thursday, November 26, 2020

Diaz’s reaction was not new since he has shot down similar requests from people who had the gall to ask him for a favor when they were pro-ABS-CBN shutdown.

Previously, Diaz was irritated by a shameless real estate broker who supported the shutdown of ABS-CBN. This broker wanted to sell him a condo unit to which the comedian politely refused since the Kapamilya network had closed and he had no source of income.

“Gustuhin ko mang bumili ng inilalako mong condo, ano ibibili ko? Isinara ang ABS-CBN na pagkukunan ko sana ng pambayad monthly sa tinda mong condo,” Diaz narrated.

To which the agent replied, “Pray lang tayo, sir. Magbabalik pa rin ang ABS-CBN.”

Diaz knew that the agent was faking it since the latter had written on his timeline, “Yes to ABS-CBN Shutdown”.

As a result, Diaz confronted the agent and said, “Wag mo ‘kong plastikin! Kita ko sa timeline mo, yes to shutdown ka! Gusto mo, ibalandra ko yung pagmumukha mo sa facebook para lalong hindi ka makabenta ng condo?”

The agent later on apologized but the comedian was not having it. He blocked the seller on his social media account.



“Ayun, kabilang na siya sa ‘block section’.”

Comments

Smart, DepEd video series support call for disaster preparedness in education curriculum

Global ambassadors unite online to flatten the HIV curve