Former Eat Bulaga host Ruby Rodriguez greeted the noontime show as it celebrates its 42nd anniversary despite her unexpected exit.
To recall, speculations of Rodriguez’s removal from Eat Bulaga spread after viewers noticed her absence since the show returned to its live broadcasting.
The noontime show recently celebrated its 42nd anniversary, and Rodriguez wished the show well on Instagram.
“Happy 42nd Anniversary @eatbulaga1979 😊 wish I was with all of you. Missing everyone,” she wrote on the caption.
The photo shows all of the Eat Bulaga hosts as well as some of the staff members.
View this post on Instagram
Dabarkads then expressed their grief as they missed seeing Rodriguez on the show. They said that Eat Bulaga would not be complete without Ruby in it.
Rodriguez was one of the show’s regular hosts, and she’s been with the production for 30 years.
She previously expressed her confusion regarding her exit from Eat Bulaga.
In a virtual conference after she signed under Viva Artists on May 31, she said that she is confused and lacked the appropriate words to describe her feelings.
She had plans to work in the USA in the meantime and only wanted to take a leave from the show.
“Nung makausap ko si Boss Tony Tuviera hindi pa ako nagpa-file ng leave of absence. Verbal pa lang yung agreement namin.
“Ipa-file ko pa lang ‘yung leave ng March 2020 kung aalis na ako.
“Hindi pa naman ako umaalis, bakit ako magpa-file ‘coz I’m going to file it a month before I leave
“Ang sabi sa akin ni Mr. Tuviera, ‘You will always have a home here in Eat Bulaga.’ At siyempre, inasahan ko ‘yon. So, when they started to go on air, it’s their decision kung sinong pababalikin nila,” she said.
However, as of this writing, Rodriguez is still not back in the noontime show.
Currently, she is being managed by Viva Films, her home agency. She also landed a new job at the Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles, California.