Grab Philippines has dedicated the month of November as Buwan ng Tagapaghatid – celebrating the invaluable contributions of Grab drivers and delivery-partners through month-long activities culminating on 28 November, Sunday.
Grab Philippines has become more than just a source of livelihood opportunities for its partners. Over the years, Grab Philippines has deepened its relationship with every driver and delivery-partner, by helping them become the best at what they do while enhancing their competitiveness in a digital-first economy.
Buwan ng Tagapaghatid is part of Grab Philippines’ broader range of programs and initiatives dedicated to its driver and delivery-partners. It highlights, recognizes, and celebrates, the different stories of modern-day heroism of Grab driver- and delivery-partners, while emphasizing their role in society and the economy.
“Mahalaga ang papel ng ating mga Grab driver and delivery-partners nitong pandemya, at mas mahalaga ang kanilang magiging gampanin sa ating economic recovery. Sa pamamagitan ng ating platform, patuloy nilang tinutugunan ang mga pangangailangan ng ating mga kababayan – ito man ay sa ride-hailing o deliveries; at sa pamamagitan ng ibat-ibang programa at initiative ng Grab, natutugunan natin ang kanilang mga pang-araw-araw na pangangailangan, at natutulungan natin silang paunlarin ang kanilang mga kabuhayan. Nagpapasalamat ako sa tiwala, dedikasyon, at pakikiisa ng ating mga Ka-Grab, at makakaasa kayo na patuloy na makikinig at aalalay ang Grab sa bawa’t isa sa ating mga partners” says Grab Philippines Country Head Grace Vera Cruz.
Biggest tribute to modern-day heroes
This year, Grab Philippines is making its Buwan ng Tagapaghatid more exciting and meaningful for its partners.
● Grab Philippines has launched Kwentong Tagapaghatid, Biyahe Serye Comics, and 5-Star Support Film to highlight the stories of drivers and delivery-partners from the perspective of merchant-partners and consumers.
● Select driver- and delivery-partners were also shot by renowned photographer Shaira Luna, where they are aptly portrayed as modern-day heroes. These images can be seen on LED billboards along major thoroughfares across Metro Manila.
● Driving community-wide participation and recognition for its driver- and delivery-partners in the Philippines, Grab is working together with Mastercard, Jollibee, Caltex, and other key brands and businesses for this year’s Buwan ng Tagapaghatid.
○ On November 28, for every tip made using Mastercard debit or credit card, Mastercard will match the amount – essentially doubling the tips received by the partner on that day;
○ Partners delivering Jollibee orders on November 28-30 will get FREE Jolly spaghetti.
● The month-long celebration is also marked by an online concert and the Grab Papugay Awards, where top-performing drivers are recognized for their hardwork the past year, and they can get the chance to take home exciting prizes such as laptops, flatscreen TVs, and motorcycles.
● Driver and delivery-partners will also receive exclusive promo codes and perks which they can use for meals and other necessities;
● Grab offices were turned into 5-Star Ka-Grab Pitstops where partners can drop by to get freebies from Grab’s brand partners.
GrabExperience: Grab Philippines Leaders become delivery-partners for a day
Despite being one of the biggest tech platforms in the country, Grab continues to keep its ears to the ground to gain unique perspectives from consumers, merchants, and partners. To kick off this year’s Buwan ng Tagapaghatid, leaders from Grab Philippines took a break from their busy routine as they become delivery-partners for a day.
Each leader was teamed up with a delivery-partner throughout the journey – where they get first-hand on-ground experiences, allowing them to develop tailored solutions to further support Grab’s driver communities through their respective roles.
To know more about the activities for this year’s Buwan ng Tagapaghatid, visit:https://www.grab.com/ph/driver-featured-blog/buwan-ng-tagapaghatid-2021/