Popstar Royalty Sarah Geronimo is not transferring to another network.
Following rumors of network transfer, an executive handling the career of Geronimo denied that the popstar princess was leaving the Kapamilya network.
According to an Abante article by Archie Liao, Sarah G will remain a Kapamilya and is set to return to ABS-CBN’s longest-running Sunday noontime variety show, ASAP Natin ‘To, in July.
In the article, Liao said that she would soon be back as one of the main hosts of ASAP, but in a limited capacity.
Sarah G is said to be appearing once a month on the Sunday noontime show just like fellow Viva artist Anne Curtis who also appears non-regularly on It’s Showtime.
Geronimo’s network transfer rumors coincided with the news about The Voice Kids transfer to GMA Network.
GMA Network is said to have already bought the rights to air the local version of The Voice Kids, previously held by ABS-CBN. And with the transfer of the reality-talent competition, Kapuso fans assumed that Sarah G would also transfer as one of its coach-judges and join Pops Fernandez, Julie Anne San Jose, and Bamboo.
Aside from the news about The Voice Kids, another buzz that fueled Sarah’s network transfer is her husband’s rumored upcoming project with GMA Network.
Entertainment editor Dondon Sermino on his YouTube channel, revealed that Guidicelli and the Kapuso Network are set to have their meeting to discuss whatever project they may agree upon.
“Hindi pa raw talaga sila nagmi-meeting nina Matteo. Wala pang chance na magharap sila. Pero within this week, eh matutuloy na ang meeting na iyon. At very open naman ang GMA sa kung anong p’wede nilang mapag-usapan ni Matteo,” he said.
“Marami ang nagwi-wish na sana matuloy ang project na ‘to dahil who knows, baka si Sarah Geronimo ang kasama dito sa project na ito. Kung hindi man, siyempre, kung nasaan si mister, andoon din si misis,” speculated Sermino.