- Cameras start rolling for Coco Martin’s remake of “Panday”.
- Aside from being the main star of the film, Coco will also be directing this upcoming epic movie.
- According to his manager, directing has been always the actor’s dreams since his indie films day.
- Coco also paid visit to the late action star’s grave at the Manila North Cemetery.
- “Ang Panday” is said to be one of the entries in the upcoming Metro Manila Film Festival.
Primetime King Coco Martin is bound to reach another milestone in his career as he is set to debut as a movie director for the remake of Fernando Poe, Jr.’s movie “Panday”.
He will not only reprise the character of Flavio the Blacksmith, but he will also be the one to direct this epic movie. Coco’s manager, Biboy Arboleda, said that being a director was one of the actor’s longtime dream eversince he entered the world of show business.
“[Directing] has always been his dream since his days in indie film making. Sa indie kasi, skeletal production staff due to budget; so actors like him can be location managers, production designers, continuity scriptwriters, assistant directors and beyond. Very-good-training,” Biboy said.
He added, “And the last 10 years in mainstream TV and also in commercial movies ay hindi lang siya naga-act but he also observes and gets his hands dirty and papaka-hands siya and now he feels he can challenge himself mag directorial debut na for a mainstream film,”
Prior to the shooting of the film, Coco went to Manila North Cemetery to give his respect and ask for guidance to the late FPJ.
“Panday” is also said to be co-produced by Coco and is set to release at the 2017 Metro Manila Film Festival.
Are you excited for Coco Martin as the newest “Panday?”