- After deactivating her Twitter account, Maine Mendoza returned to social media by posting her stunning bikini photos on Instagram.
- Days later, the Dubsmash Queen revealed through her blog that the real reason why she is currently on hiatus on Twitter.
- According to Maine, she apparently could not stand the negativity of her fans on Twitter.
- Maine also added that fans had been starting conflicts — making the scenario more complicated.
- Although she’s back on social media, Maine has yet to reactivate her Twitter account.
Members of the AlDub Nations were left wondering on why did Maine Mendoza suddenly deactivated her Twitter account on June 3.
However, three days later, the Dubsmash Queen posted her sexy photos taken from the Maldives on Instagram — marking her return on social media. But now, the “Eat Bulaga” host revealed the real reason why she has left the Twitter world indefinitely.
On her personal blog, dated June 11, the Kalyeserye star admitted, “Decided to take a break from Twitter too because Twitterworld’s been really toxic lately.”
She then asked her fans if they still remember Twitter when it used to be fun and harmonious environment for everyone.
She added: “Anyway, I just cannot stand people’s negativity there lately. I mean, I have enough negativity in my system already to still add and endure those.”
On the comment section, one fan advised her to just “block the baddies” and “look at the beauty of the whole picture, and ignore the lil dirt here and there.”
But Maine clarified: “For the record, it was never about the ‘baddies’. Bashers are there 24/7 since the very beginning and I honestly do not mind about them.”
The 22-year-old stressed that it was some of the fans are the ones who have started and engaged in conflict; until things start getting blown out of proportion. She also elaborated, “It’s gotten to the point where fans are quarrelling with fans too, and not with bashers anymore.”
Furthermore, Maine emphasized that the things she had witnessed two years ago have changed. Nonetheless, she hopes that the harmony between the fans remains.
She said, “Like I have said, Twitter used to be a harmonious environment to all of us, remember the bayanihan days? Kalyeserye days? Pre-tamang panahon? Tamang panahon? I know things have changed but I hope we get to perpetuate the harmony among each of us.
As of this writing, the “Destined to Be Yours” actress has not reactivated her Twitter account yet.