in , ,

Noli De Castro’s strong parting words before ABS-CBN’s shutdown

It can be recalled that de Castro has been silent in matters regarding the cease and desist order of the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) against the network. 

Noli De Castro had a message for every Kapamilya who has supported the Network since the beginning.

Kabayan thanked everyone who welcomed ABS-CBN in their hearts and said the network has played a major part in their lives.

“Bayan, mga kapamilya. Ilang dekada din tayong nagkasama. Utang na loob namin sa inyo  na tinaggap ninyo kami sa inyong mga tahanan gabi gabi. Naging malaking bahagi na kami ng inyong mga buhay.

“Karamay sa mga panahon ng kalamidad at paghihirap. Kasabay namin kayo sa pag luha sa mga teleserye. Magkasama nating pinagbunyi ang tagumpay ng ating mga bayani, mga ordinaryong tao na nakagawa ng imposible. Sabay din nating pinanood na nabuo o mabuo ang kasaysayan sa pamamagitan ng TV Patrol at iba pang news and current affairs program.”

Noli de Castro said it was an honor to be an anchor of life’s stories and a watch guard to people in authority. Even if ABS-CBN’s franchise was not renewed and the attacks on democracy and press freedom continue, they will still continue to serve.

“Isa pong karangalan na maging tagapaglahad ng inyong mga kwento at tagabantay sa mga nasa kapangyarihan. Karangalan po namin na maglingkod sa inyo , kabayan. Hindi man na renew ang aming prangkisa at pinatitigil ang ating broadcast, nangangako kami sa inyo na hindi kami mananahimik sa pag-atakeng ito sa ating demokrasiya at sa malayang pamamahayag. Sa harap po ng pinakamalaking dakop at hamon ng aming  kompyansa at sa aiming mga hanapbuhay hinding-hindi namin kayo tatalikuran, kabayan. Mga kapamilya kami, tayo ang ABS-CBN. In the service of the Filipino, saan man sila naroroon sa buong mundo.”

De Castro has finally spoken up about issues on ABS-CBN’s shutdown.

Netizens had previously poked fun at how ABS-CBN broadcasters like de Castro, Ted Failon, Gerry Baja, and Anthony Taberna remained silent on the renewal of the television network giant’s franchise.

A lot of netizens reacted to the post, mostly writing funny comments about it.

“Can u read this @tedfailon @tunyings_kaindo @gerry_baja @vpkabayan? Nasaan daw mga ba**g nyo, este, mga boses nyo pala?! 😂😂😂

https://twitter.com/SnowflakesObsi1/status/1226772363590586368

The National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) ordered ABS-CBN to stop broadcasting on both television and radio after its 25-year franchise expired today May 5, 2020.

“Upon the expiration of RA 7966, ABS-CBN no longer has a valid and subsisting congressional franchise as required by Act No. 3846. The NTC Regional Offices shall implement the closure order in their respective areas of jurisdiction. After receipt of ABS-CBN’s responses, the NTC shall schedule the case for hearing at the earliest time after the enhanced community quarantine is lifted by the Government.

“The agency permits ABS-CBN to respond within 10 days upon receiving the order, in regards to why the frequencies assigned to it should not be recalled.”

NTC’s Cease-and-Desist Order included 42 TV stations, 10 digital broadcast channels, 18 FM stations, and 5 AM stations.

NTC also stated that they will schedule a case for hearing as soon as the enhanced community quarantine is lifted by the Government.

The NTC still issued a Cease-and-Desist order against ABS-CBN despite reassuring  the Senate during an inquiry that it would not deter ABS-CBN from operating.

Even the Department of Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra also reiterated that ABS-CBN can still operate while its franchise renewal is still pending in the Congress.



The decision of NTC to issue a cease-and-desist order to ABS-CBN came after Solicitor General Jose Calida warned NTC officials that they may face graft charges if they permit ABS-CBN to continue operating.

Sad Alex releases new single ‘hypotheticals’

Coco Martin lashes out at SolGen Jose Calida, NTC over ABS-CBN shutdown