in ,

Derek Ramsay hospitalized after direct exposure to UV light

The Department of Health has warned the public about the negative health impacts improper usage of UV light might bring. 

Derek Ramsay and Andrea Torres shared their horrible experience with a UV light that affected the eyes of Derek. 

During a Mars Pa More interview, the couple related how UV light almost damaged the eyesight of Derek. 

Accordingly, at around 7 pm, Derek tried to fix their UV light at home which was used for disinfecting different kinds of stuff at home. Though Andrea reminded him about the effects of UV light, Derek did not note the warning and still looked directly at the UV light. 

After fixing the light, they both watched Netflix and ate dinner together. However, at around 2 a.m., Derek suffered from extreme eyesore to the point that he cannot any more open his eyes. 

He was hesitant to wake up Andrea at that moment so he tried washing his eyes in the bathroom. Unfortunately, it induced more pain. 

That time he was forced to wake up Andrea, and the latter used eyedrops, thinking it would help. But, it worsened the situation. 

“But at around 2am hindi ko na maidilat ‘yung mata ko,” Derek said. “Talagang they were burning, eh ayoko naman siyang gisingin.”

“I went to the bathroom, naghugas ako ng mata. It got worse. Then it just got worse and worse, so napilitan na akong gisingin si Andrea, at tinakbo na ako sa ospital,” Derek said.

Andrea panicked as the said eyedrops caused no pain when she tried it herself. Eventually, Derek was rushed to the hospital. 

Accordingly, Derek did not even last a minute of looking at the UV light and he was aware of the harm about it. 

The Department of Health has warned the public about the negative health impacts improper usage of UV light might bring

“Ang UV light, wala pa ho tayong ganoong ebidensya na talagang sinasabi directly na ito ay makakapagtigil o patay nitong SARS-CoV-2 virus,” DOH Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said. 



“Ito ay maaring makaapekto sa ating mga mata and can even — doon sa severe na exposure — maaaring masira ang cornea ng mata ng isang tao. Pangalawa, maaaring makasunog ng balat. Pangatlo, meron din ho syang effect sa respiratory system sa matagalang paggamit,” she added.

Comments

‘It’s Showtime’ welcomes Kim Chiu as its newest host

Hermitude teams up with Daniel Bedingfield to release ‘Spotlight’