After weeks of silence on social media, Kris Aquino broke her online hiatus with a fiery message to those spreading fake news about her supposed death.
In a Facebook post on October 12, the Queen of All Media directly addressed fortune tellers and online accounts claiming that she had already passed away or was “near death.”

“Sa lahat ng mga manghuhula na nagsabing malapit na kong mamatay or ‘yung mga nagbalita na patay na ko—alam ko you need to make money but this is a cheap way to do it,” Kris wrote.
To drive her point, Kris reposted an old video from early 2019, showing her in good spirits before her autoimmune diseases worsened. She said she wished she could go back to that time—when she was still healthy enough to joke about earthquakes—but noted that she has also endured deep personal losses throughout her life.
“I have not known loss because of a natural catastrophe, BUT I have known loss of a loved one because of a gunshot wound delivered at close range by a man in uniform,” she said, referring to her father, the late Senator Ninoy Aquino.
“I got close to the cruelty of death because of stage 4 cancer… where you see the person you have instinctively loved since childhood suffer from ‘the unbeatable foe,’” she added, recalling her mother President Cory Aquino’s battle with cancer and the death of her brother President Noynoy Aquino.
Kris also took the opportunity to clarify that the luxury bag seen in the reuploaded video was “100% tax paid” and purchased with her own money from a 2019 endorsement trip.
“If you think reuploading this video will hurt me and the perception of the people about me, you are missing the point—that video was from mid-2019, we had yet to experience COVID. I have never held a government position nor have I been married to one,” she wrote.
“The money that paid for that bag came from the upload of the LINDOHL and the subsequent trip to Japan. And it’s 100% tax paid. Lay off me because mumultuhin kita—although medyo malayo ka na sa listahan ng mga may atraso sa’kin, and yet I turned the other cheek.”
The 53-year-old media icon, who has been battling 11 autoimmune diseases since 2021, said the incident reminded her to be more active on Facebook to personally address misinformation.
“Thank you to my ‘sister’ in Japan who told me about this repost—you made me realize that I need to be more active on FB. Healthy Sunday to all,” Kris concluded.
Her post came a few hours after she shared a video of her son Bimby Aquino performing ‘Ikaw Na Nga’ by Willie Revillame during a voice lesson, a moment that Kris said gave her strength and a reason to keep fighting.

