MANILA, November 2020 – Catriona Gray, Pia Wurtzbach, and international experts unite online to advance the flattening of the HIV curve this World AIDS Day (WAD) 2020 commemoration-celebration.
These global ambassadors will promote the innovations in HIV prevention and developments in the advocacy at the online conference entitled “#SaferNowPH Summit 2020: Flattening the HIV Curve” on December 2-4 from 1:00 PM -3:00 PM.
On Day 1 (December 2), the Summit is themed: “Dare to Change the International Perspective on HIV.” International experts will present comprehensive and innovative strategies for addressing HIV.
- Dr. Nittaya Phanupak of Thailand’s Institute of HIV Research and Innovations will discuss the status neutral approach, a more inclusive and holistic tactic in battling HIV.
- Dr. Frits van Griensven of the University of California’s Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics will talk about chem sex and its relation to HIV.
- Dr. Heather-Marie Schmidt, the Regional Advisor of UNAIDS Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific & the World Health Organization (WHO), will delve into pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) as a prevention method against HIV.
On Day 2 (December 3), the Summit is themed: “Care for the Local Community” to discuss the evolving continuum of HIV care in the country.
- Dr. Rossana Ditangco of Research Institute for Tropical Medicine’s AIDS Research Group will introduce the new HIV treatment medicine called Dolutegravir.
- Dr. Van Philip Baton of the Department of Health – Region VII will discuss how COVID-19 and HIV intertwine with each other and develop a scheme to win over the twin pandemic.
Catriona Gray, a global HIV advocate and LoveYourself ambassador will share how the HIV advocacy has impacted her life to become the ally that she has become.On Day 3 (December 4), the Summit is themed: “Social Responsibility and Support for the HIV Advocacy” to improve psychosocial support for the HIV community in the country.
- RS Francisco, Frontrow Founder, will talk about social responsibility and support for the HIV advocacy.
- Bro. Noel Cabigting of Flourish Circle will impart how to be more compassionate with people living with HIV
- Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach, a global HIV advocate and LoveYourself ambassador, will highlight the interlink between HIV and mental health.
The Summit will be hosted by the first-ever Miss Trans Global, Mela Franco Habijan.
Register for free on this link: bit.ly/SaferNowPHSummit to attend. The Summit is a part of the community’s overall effort for the WAD 2020 as the global community marches towards ending AIDS by 2030.
The #SaferNowPH Summit 2020 is spearheaded by LoveYourself, Inc., co-presented by the World Health Organization Philippines, AHF Philippines, Faberco Life Sciences Inc., Club United PH, DOOH Philippines, and SKPA Philippines; supported by Premiere Condoms, EZ Lubricating Jelly, Bliss Four, Rotary Club of Valencia, QC, Rotary Club International District 3780, Commission on Human Rights of the Philippines; in partnership with Champion Community Centers, Pilipinas Shell Foundation, Incorporated, Philippine Health Insurance Corporation, Macare Medicals Inc., Frontrow cares; Lauvette; and powered by Spaces MNL and Owl Right Studios.