- John Estrada is known for his credible skills in acting and hosting, but it seems like that he hasn’t grown as an artist in his new home network
- The soaps he did for ABS-CBN network earned him several awards including Best Drama Actor (2003) and Best Drama Supporting Actor (2014)
- He was under ABS-CBN Network for almost 27 years until he decided to transfer to the rival network in 2018
- Estrada signed an exclusive contract with GMA Network on May 2, 2018
- Victor Magtanggol was his first project as a Kapuso where he played the role of “Loki” – the villain in the show
- As of the moment, the actor is part of the Fantasy series of GMA titled Kara Mia where he plays the character of Arthur Lacson
With all the achievements and awards he has received, John Estrada is easily one of the most skilled and talented artists in the country. Estrada gained his popularity for his acting and hosting skills.
He had hosted different shows such as Magandang Tanghali Bayan, Everybody Hapi, and Happy Yipee Yehey.
He also became part of different television programs of ABS-CBN where he showed his versatility as an actor (from leading man to villain) such as May Bukas Pa, Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin, Magpahanggang Wakas, Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay, and The Good Son.
Aside from this, he also appeared in various films that became box-office hit like Must Be… Love (2013), Unexpectedly Yours (2017), Boy Golden: Shoot To Kill, the Arturo Porcuna Story (2013), Trophy Wife (2014), and I Love You, Hater (2018).
The projects he had with the Kapamilya Network honed his skills in acting and hosting that earned him several awards including Best Drama Actor (2003) and Best Drama Supporting Actor (2014).
For more than two decades, Estrada was with ABS-CBN. However, his stay with the Kapamilya Network ended when he decided to transfer to the rival network.
On May 2, 2018, Estrada became officially a Kapuso as he inked an exclusive contract with the GMA Network.
However, GMA Network seems to be wasting his talent in acting because of the roles given to him.
For example, his first project with the said network was Victor Magtanggol where he took the villain role named Loki. At first, his character was serious and plausible, but with him constantly yelling and furious, his character became annoying which is far from the roles he had done with ABS-CBN.
His second project is Kara Mia which is already nearing its end. He portrays Arthur Lacson- the father of Kara (Barbie Forteza) and Mia (Mika Dela Cruz), and a husband to Aya (Carmina Villarroel). Here, he is in conflict with Iswal, an Engkanto who can be described as “a human inside a tree” played by Mike Tan.
Due to the lack of challenge in the role, his skills are not fully utilized.
Aside from Estrada, Glydel Mercado and Carmina Villaroel are also part of Kara Mia where they play opposing characters because they are in love with the same man (Arthur Lacson).
If he were to be given a new assignment, maybe the network could give him a more challenging project where he can use his talent in acting.