BURBANK-CA — Marvel Music/Hollywood Records announce the return of Soundgarden with the release of the band’s first all new song in 15 years, “Live to Rise.” The song will be featured in the end credits to this year’s highly anticipated movie, “Marvel’s The Avengers.”
“Live to Rise” is included on Avengers Assemble, a 14-track compilation of music from and inspired by the film. Avengers Assemble will be released on May 1, 2012.
Soundgarden stated, “We’ve been hard at work on our new album, which will come out this Fall. When the opportunity arose to write an original song for ‘Marvel’s The Avengers’ film, we thought it could be a cool match. We are excited to release our new song ‘Live To Rise,’ which is also the only new song in the film. Here’s a taste. Loudest of Love.”
Also, The Avengers original motion picture soundtrack, with score by Oscar®-nominated and Grammy-winning composer Alan Silvestri (“Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Forrest Gump,” the “Back to the Future” trilogy) will be available at online retailers on May 1, 2012.
With over 21 million records sold worldwide, Soundgarden redefined rock music for a whole generation and had a revolutionary impact on the course of musical history. At the dawn of 2010, the band, Chris Cornell, Matt Cameron, Kim Thayil and Ben Shepherd, announced a new beginning. In the last two years since Soundgarden has reunited, they have headlined festivals, toured the world and released their first retrospective titled Telephantasm which included the previously unreleased song, “Black Rain” and their first live album, Live on I-5. The press has exalted their return to the stage and the music scene. Rolling Stone called their headline performance at Lollapalooza “an epic set…a blueprint of the Seattle sound,” where the Chicago Tribune hailed them as “one of the last great hard-rock bands to emerge in the last 25 years.” The band are currently in the studio in Seattle writing and recording their first LP in over 15 years, which is set for release in 2012.
In addition to Soundgarden’s “Live to Rise,” the Avengers Assemble collection features original songs inspired by the exciting and action-packed film event. The diverse range of artists includes Rise Against, Shinedown, Bush and Redlight King.
The Avengers Assemble track list follows:
1. Live to Rise Performed by Soundgarden
2. I’m Alive Performed by Shinedown
3. Dirt and Roses Performed by Rise Against
4. Even If I Could Performed by Papa Roach
5. Unbroken Performed by Black Veil Brides
6. Breath Performed by Scott Weiland
7. Comeback Performed by Redlight King
8. Into the Blue Performed by Bush
9. A New Way to Bleed (Photek Remix) Performed by Evanescence
10. Count Me Out Performed by PUSHERJONES
11. Shoot to Thrill Performed by Theory of a Deadman
12. Wherever I Go Performed by Buckcherry
13. From Out of Nowhere Performed by Five Finger Death Punch
14. Shake the Ground Performed by Cherri Bomb
ADDITIONAL TRACK ON THE INTERNATIONAL RELEASE:
15. Pistols At Dawn Performed by Kasabian