- The Clash Season 2 will premiere this September
- The Clash judges Lani Misalucha, Christian Bautista, and Ai-Ai delas Alas admitted they missed their original host Regine Velasquez-Alcasid
- Regine transferred to ABS-CBN last year
GMA Network’s reality singing search The Clash is coming back for its second season this September 21, 2019. The new hosts will be Rayver Cruz, Julie Anne San Jose, Ken Chan, and Rita Daniela. It was originally hosted by Regine Velasquez-Alcasid, Andre Paras, and Joyce Pring during its first season which premiered on July 7, 2018.
But last October 2018, Asia’s Songbird decided to move to ABS-CBN just right after the show concluded.
Tech Jungle: ABS CBN TV Plus Go Review
The Clash panel members Lani Misalucha, Christian Bautista, and Ai-Ai delas Alas admitted that they truly missed the veteran singer.
“Oo naman,siyempre,” Delas Alas said in a recent interview of The Clash judges.
Bautista also had good words for Velasquez who still keeps in touch with him.
“We wish her well at pag nagkikita kami off-site lagi yung parang oh kumusta na.”
Bautista revealed that Velasquez was also supportive of them and the show despite her network transfer.
“Ang sabi niya, ‘Malapit na kayo ‘no? Congrats ha? God bless.’
“At mamimiss mo naman talaga kasi siya yung nagsimula ng ‘The Clash, isa para sa lahat!’ Yung ganun, yung tumitili,” Delas Alas said referring to Velasquez’s signature line on the show.
“Wala, yun lang talaga. Siyempre nakakmiss lang,” Misalucha added.
Velasquez had been part of GMA Network since 1998, starting out as a regular cast member of variety show SOP, which ended in 2010.
Aside from Sarap Diva, she then hosted GMA Network’s reality talent search The Clash as its Clash Master. Her network transfer can be considered as a big loss to the show and the network as well as she is one of the most celebrated singers in the country’s music industry.