- An audience member died during the taping of Wowowin, while the other one got injured
- Willie Revillame got traumatized again after the incident
- Despite all the precautionary measures, things are not always within the control of management
It has been another traumatic experience for the ‘Wowowin’ host Willie Revillame after another accident happened during the taping of the show, wherein a member of the audience died while the other one got injured.
According to the official statement from WBR Entertainment and GMA Network, the victim died after her head accidentally hit a fire extinguisher after falling from the bleacher. Despite the immediate medical response, the victim died prior to her arrival in the hospital.
GMA Network and Willie Revillame sent their financial support to the affected families. The management and the production team of the said show promised to take extra caution and become more strict in allowing the audience to enter the premises. It is recalled that a lot people also died and got injured on a stampede in Ultra in 2014.
According to the article in Bandera, “Malungkot siya. Siyempre kahit matagal ng nangyari yung ULTRA incident, tao lang iyan na biglang maaalala ang nakaraan, kahit sabihin pang matagal na siyang naka-move on. Du’n mo talaga makikita kung gaano niya kamahal ang programa at ang audience niya.”
WBR Entertainment and GMA Network deeply commiserate with, and extended immediate assistance to, the families and loved ones of the victims.
READ THE FULL STATEMENT HERE: https://t.co/DwJyHLdWLF https://t.co/gL0b1oHBKM
— Wowowin Official (@gmawowowin) January 23, 2019
Other sources said that Revillame attends the holy mass twice a day to pray, after the incident. Of course, no one is in control of the possible things that might happen during the show. We cannot put the blame always on the management, the host, nor the network.
It must be hard for Revillame to experience the same things again after a couple of years, despite his eagerness to bring joy to his show’s audience.