- Migo Adecer is doing a good job in having netizens notice his acting skills
- The ‘Ultimate Male Survivor’ star almost quit showbiz
- Turning back from his decision, he was offered a number of projects including ‘Sahaya’
- His role in the epic drama series is being shipped by fans with ‘Sahaya,’ the character of Bianca Umali
With the number of projects unfolding for Migo Adecer, who would have thought that the Starstruck VI ‘Ultimate Male Survivor’ almost quit showbiz and instead, returned back to Australia after his casting in the 2016 retelling-sequel of ‘Encantadia.’
In an exclusive interview with GMANetwork.com, the young star shared the struggles and experiences he had. He even leaked what made him change his mind to leave the country, and pursue his career in showbiz.
The actor stated, “The ‘StarStruck’ period was quite a difficult period for me, I was alone. That was a really big test in my endurance and how much stress my mentality can take just to push forward. Medyo rocky ‘yung start kasi for that two years my parents were here. Sakto that they were here because I felt like I was really under-prepared when they gave me Encantadia straight away. For a while, it kind of sent me to a downward spiral. I thought, ‘Should I go home back to Australia and just give it up?’ But I hate leaving a reason to say ‘what if.’ So I said, ‘Okay, I’m going to stay here for a couple more years’ and I did.”
For him, his decision to stay and pursue his career was a good move because since then, he has been receiving different offers, not to mention the drama series ‘Sahaya’ where he became part of the cast and got paired with Bianca Umali.
He breathes life to the character of Jordan who will be the love-triangle of Sahaya (Bianca) and Ahmad (Miguel Tanfelix). Some even shipped Migo with the ‘Sahaya’ star on the teleserye because of the spark and ‘kilig’ they bring to the viewers.
— @jØy's mÊgù'kiÊ (@jysmgki1) May 9, 2019
Aside from his handsome feature, his acting skills and the way he grows were even remarked by netizens.
— Kapuso Fangirl (@imkapusofangirl) May 9, 2019
“Through that, I was able to work harder, learn the language a little bit better, and soon enough, the blessings started coming in.”
He is grateful with his home network for being patient with him and in challenging him to give his all and best in whatever he does.
“I think GMA just wanted to see me want it bad enough, just to see that there was a hunger. They have been very patient with me, and I thank the network for that.”
Aside from acting, Migo is a good dancer, singer, songwriter, model, and he learned to play the drum and guitar.
If you want to know him more, here are 5 facts about Migo Adecer:
- Migo is a Filipino-Australian citizen born on December 20, 1999 in Bacolod City, but he was raised in Sydney, Australia.
- He is 5’11 in height and his zodiac sign is ‘Sagittarius.’
- He toured the world as part of the Glee Australia show in 2013.
- He joined the sixth season of Starstruck where he won as the ‘Ultimate Male Survivor’ alongside Klea Pineda in 2015.
- It was Kuh Ledesma who pushed Migo to join Starstruck.