Every family is different. It’s why we’re investing in a wide variety of kids and family films and TV shows from all over the world – including award-winning animated films like Klaus, series such as Mighty Little Bheem and interactive shows like Carmen Sandiego: To Steal or Not to Steal.
It’s why we also give parents the controls they need to make the right decisions for their families.
Today we’re updating and improving those controls, based on feedback from our members. Parents can now:
● PIN protect individual profiles to prevent kids using them;
● Tailor their kids Netflix experience by filtering out titles that are not appropriate for their age. We’ve built these filters using country ratings so they are more intuitive;
● Remove individual series or films by title. When this filter is used, the blocked title(s) won’t show up anywhere in that profile;
● Easily review each profile’s setting using the “Profile and Parental Controls” hub within account settings;
● See what their kids have been watching within the profile created for them; and
● Turn off auto play of episodes in kids profiles.
Everyone can now add these new, improved controls to their profile by going to account settings on our mobile or laptop.
Choice and control have always been important for our members, especially parents. We hope that these additional controls will help parents make the right choices for their families.
Popular Kids and Family titles that are currently available on the platform.
Younger Audiences (preschool <7)
The Boss Baby: Back in Business
Shaun the Sheep: Adventures from Mossy Bottom
Ask The Storybots
Mighty Little Bheem
Go! Go! Cory Carson
For older audiences
The Letter for the King
Lost in Space
Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back – Evolution
Alexa and Katie