Popstar Royalty Sarah Geronimo will remain an ABS-CBN exclusive talent and will not be hosting any TV show that is not on the Kapamilya network.
This was clarified by her manager Vic del Rosario Jr., on Monday, following a teaser ad that appeared on TV5’s social media account related to its upcoming talent search show, PoPinoy.
Viva Entertainment honcho Del Rosario denied the speculations that the 32-year-old singer-actress is on her way moving to TV5.
He told ABS-CBN News, “Sarah appears only as an endorser in the show, and she is not the host.”
Accordingly, the main sponsor of the talent search was the cellular service provider that Popstar is endorsing.
It was also said to be part of Geronimo’s contract with the cellular service company.
Del Rosario said that Popstar’s only station is ABS-CBN, and fans and viewers alike can only see her on TV5 through ABS-CBN’s Sunday musical variety show, ASAP Natin ‘To.
“She just complied to her commitment as an endorser of Talk N Text. She is still exclusive with ABS-CBN and the only time she appears on TV5 is when she comes out on ASAP Natin ‘To,” he added.
Previously, rumors of the Popstar hosting TV5’s upcoming talent search, its network switch stirred the public.
The rumors surfaced when the official account of the Kapatid network posted an announcement about the said show that included a picture of the Kapamilya singer-actress.
“POPahuli pa ba kayo? Don’t miss the chance! The Popstar Royalty, @justsarahgph is rooting for you! Kung G na kayo, send your audition videos sa www.popinoy.com #POPinoyTV5,” captioned by @tv5manila on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
The post sparked discussion among fans, with some speculating that she had already transferred to the Kapatid network.
An Instagram user with handle @fink.eleanor723 reacted, “Ay lumipat ka na? Bakit?”
“Maybe kaya siya hindi kasama sa ASAP kasi may sarili siyang show,” @hotmeinthephilippines commented.
Another Netizen with Instagram username @bheng60 said, “kaya naman pala wala.na si sarah sa asap…..and she said goodbye nawalan na din siya ng ibang fans.”
Netizen @geanrosealindo also shared her thoughts with, “Ahooo….tuldokan muna para walang umaasa na tagahanga.”
“Nakakalungkot na wala na sya sa abscbn. Hindi ko siya susundan dyan. At di rin naman ako kawalan. Sa kin, loyalty matters. Pede naman umalis pag nakaahon na ang abscbn para di mukhang ‘andyan lang ako sa ginhawa’. Pero di masisisi ganyan ang buhay. Pero ako naniniwala ako makakabangon ang abscbn. And siguro okay na din na ma-weed out ang di kayang sumama sa hirap at ginhawa,” commented @shel1116
“Sana nagpaalam sya ng maayos sa Asap kung lilipat na. Di ung umasa kaming fans,” posted by @anna_garciaiii
But other Netizens defended the Popstar Royalty.
An Instagram user with handle @camilleady reacted, “Misleading, Sarah is exclusive kapamilya!”
“Sarah is still exclusively talent of AbsCbn..it doesn’t mean na lilipat na sya, she is still a legit kapamilya po, don’t judge her without knowing the truth. Isa sa mga ‘endorsement’ po ni Sarah yan na ipapalabas po sa TV5 and she is not the host..She just followed of being an endorser’s responsibility or duty of TnT..Just wait for Sarah’s Comeback in Asap, ako nga rin po excited na sa pagbabalik nya, quiety, calmly and patiently waiting po..Positive lang po tayo always,” @itsbeen_5p3 commented.
For now, Geronimo is rarely seen in ASAP Natin ‘To because she is busy preparing for her upcoming virtual concert ‘Tala: The Film Concert’ on March 27.
The one-night-only exclusive event will be directed by Paul Basinillo, with musical direction by Louie Ocampo and Georcelle Dapt-Sy as the creative director.
Geronimo’s full concert film will premiere via live-streaming platforms KTX.ph and iWantTFC.
After weeks of media demand for her return to public appearances, the Popstar Royalty makes her big stage comeback this year with the concert.
It is also her first concert since marrying singer-actor Matteo Guidicelli a year ago.
The Kapamilya singer is also set to release a new album this year, according to Viva Records.