Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Tech Jungle
  • RAWRMag
  • BIZnest
  • Brands
  • About
    • BE PART OF THE LIONHEARTV FAMILY!
    • THE PRIDE
    • ADVERTISE AT LIONHEARTV
What's Hot

Singapore Airlines Presents Flight Sculpture to the Singapore Embassy in Manila.

August 20, 2026

VMX crush Rhian Rivera is Fire in ‘Apoy sa Ibabaw Apoy sa Ilalim’

August 20, 2026

When the Work Piles Up, the Epson WF-C21000 Keeps Printing

August 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
LionhearTVLionhearTV
  • Home
  • News
  • Tech Jungle
  • RAWRMag
  • BIZnest
  • Brands
  • About
    • BE PART OF THE LIONHEARTV FAMILY!
    • THE PRIDE
    • ADVERTISE AT LIONHEARTV
LionhearTVLionhearTV
Home»Celeb Feature»Solicitor General Jose Calida hits back at Coco Martin over his rants on ABS-CBN franchise issue
Celeb Feature News Politics

Solicitor General Jose Calida hits back at Coco Martin over his rants on ABS-CBN franchise issue

Rhelyn HarderBy Rhelyn HarderJune 3, 20201 Comment3 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter Reddit Pinterest Email
  • Martin slammed the National Telecommunications Commission for its cease and desist order against the network
  • Calida reiterated that ABS-CBN has violations and will not let go of this legal battle.

During the House hearing on Monday, Solicitor General Jose Calida reacted to the rant of the Coco Martin over the issue of ABS-CBN’s franchise renewal.

To recall, the FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano actor slammed the National Telecommunications Commission for its cease and desist order against the network during the Facebook live “Laban Kapamilya” along with the other ABS-CBN stars.

He criticized Calida’s participation regarding franchise renewal that led to the shutdown of the network. Calida previously filed a quo warranto petition revoking the franchise of the ABS-CBN withthe Supreme Court. Calida also wrote to the NTC to warn them of possible charges should they grant ABS-CBN provisional authority to operate.

During the session, the Solicitor General reiterated that ABS-CBN has violations and he will not let go of this legal battle.

Based on the CNN Twitter post, Calida also addressed Coco Martin’s rant on social media and saying the outburst of the actor “showed a clear lack of understanding” of the franchise issue.

After expressing his grievances on social media, Coco received a massive amount of bashing on social media. But this did not stop him as he fired back at bashers and trolls who are rejoicing over the network shutdown.

On his Instagram account, he gave fair warning to all the bashers rejoicing over the ABS-CBN shutdown and said: “Pag balik namin pag sasapakin ko lahat ng tuwang tuwa ngayon na sarado na ang ABSCBN!!! Baka pag balik namin sasabihin ng mga bashers namin miss na miss niyo kami at makikipila kayo sa showtime para manood ng live at sumali sa contest.

“Try nyo manood ng Probinsyano sisipain ko muka niyo!!! WAG KANA MAG COMMENT DAHIL DI KO BABASAHIN MAG SASAYANG KA LANG NG PISO PANG YUSI MUNA YAN!!!” he said. 

“Ngayon ko lang naramdaman ang sarap pala sa pakiramdam yung nalalabas mo yung mga nasasa loob mo, yung wala kang kinatatakutan at pinangingilagan kaya pala masayang masaya yung mga bashers at trolls sa ginagawa nila e! Kasi tayong mga artista walang magawa kapag nilait nila kapag kinutya nia di tayo makapalag. Ngayon wala na tayong trabaho pantay pantay na tayo, pwede na tayo lumaban wala na tayo dapat katakutan!!” he added.

For now, Coco has quieted down. Perhaps, he was advised that he might face a lawsuit because of what he is saying in public. It was also alleged that a big client turned down his endorsement deal because of his rant on social media.

But despite that, he said in one of his recent posts that they will continue to fight.

Comments

ABS-CBN abs-cbn franchise abs-cbn franchise hearing Coco Martin Jose Calida SolGen Jose Calida
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit Email
Previous Article‘Pantawid Ng Pag-Ibig’ aids more than 750k families, gears up for 2nd phase to cross 1 million mark
Next Article Angelica Panganiban emotionally bids farewell to ‘Banana Sundae’ family
Rhelyn Harder

Related Posts

Dustin Yu, Bianca de Vera prove DustBia power with sold-out fan meet; announce new movie

August 20, 2026

Noli de Castro Not Yet Retired From ‘TV Patrol’

August 20, 2026

ABS-CBN Confirms ‘GGV’ Comeback, ‘PBB Collab 3.0’ As It Eyes More Media Partnerships

August 20, 2026

ABS-CBN QC Property Turnover Set for Mid-2027, Main Building Operations Continue

August 20, 2026
View 1 Comment

Comments are closed.

Find us on Facebook
Blogmeter.Top



Trending

WRIVE: The P-Pop Powerhouse That Has Arrived

August 3, 2026

SILOG Awards 2026 returns to honor Filipino online creators and digital mavericks

May 13, 2026

Lion With A Heart Year 9, from acts of giving to sustainable impact

April 28, 2026

LionhearTV continues to grow: Strengthening BIZNest, Tech Jungle, and RAWRTrip for 2026

February 14, 2026

15 Adored PH Celebrity Loveteams That Eventually Parted Ways

February 2, 2026
Showbiz News

Dustin Yu, Bianca de Vera prove DustBia power with sold-out fan meet; announce new movie

August 20, 2026

Robin Padilla calls for return of TV ban on violent shows, cites ‘Voltes V’

August 20, 2026

John Arcilla slams voters who continue to elect corrupt politicians amid Metro Manila floods

August 20, 2026

Thea Tolentino urges Filipinos to be more discerning voters amid worsening floods

August 20, 2026

vivo V70: ZEISS Camera Power Meets Everyday Performance

August 20, 2026
Most Viewed

Singapore Airlines Presents Flight Sculpture to the Singapore Embassy in Manila.

August 20, 2026

VMX crush Rhian Rivera is Fire in ‘Apoy sa Ibabaw Apoy sa Ilalim’

August 20, 2026

When the Work Piles Up, the Epson WF-C21000 Keeps Printing

August 20, 2026

Esports Foundation Postpones Inaugural Esports Nations Cup to November 2027

August 20, 2026

Dustin Yu, Bianca de Vera prove DustBia power with sold-out fan meet; announce new movie

August 20, 2026
eMVP Digital is an online empire that useful pieces of information and a resource for a daily dose of entertainment in all forms. It produces LionhearTV.net, Dailypedia.net, RAWR Awards, RAWRMag, DailyPIPOL, and Broken Lion. These platforms have a highly-engaged audience per month, which varies from ages and sexes.



Blogmeter.Top
© 2026 LionhearTV.net.
  • Home
  • News
  • Tech Jungle
  • RAWRMag
  • BIZnest
  • Brands
  • About
    • BE PART OF THE LIONHEARTV FAMILY!
    • THE PRIDE
    • ADVERTISE AT LIONHEARTV

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.