- Dr. Jesus Delgado Hospital had been known for their seven decades of “Championing Mothercare”
- President and General Manager Dr. Rolando “Oyie” Balburias discussed new program for first-time moms “Optimal Birth Outcome”
- Delgado Clinic now has renovated and special facilities for mothercare
Every pregnant mother has a unique anticipation of what their children will be like once they come out to this world. Some pray for a girl, others for a boy, but each and every one of them request for one common thing: for the baby to be healthy. This is what Dr. Jesus Delgado Hospital also aims for all their expecting patients.
From normal births to high-risk complications, the Delgado Clinic has taken an extra measure of love and personalized care as all mothers do to make sure their child not only lives, but flourishes. This legacy gave birth to their latest program called “Optimal Birth Outcome,” which aims to minimize or even eliminate congenital defect, premature birth, new-born infections, and other chronic complications for both mothers and children.
It will be a FREE three-day workshop that serves as the ultimate care, support and education system for moms-to-be. The program will not just guide them pre and through labor but also after they gave birth.
Dr. Rolando Balburies, President and General Manager of Delgado Clinic, shared with us a few points about the five aspects of health that are scientifically proven to have wide ranging effects for every pregnancy.
• Nutrition and Wellness- Delgado Clinic has localized the latest scientific nutrition information to support reduced negative birth outcomes, achieve optimum growth and development of the baby and provide a stable environment from which both mother and child may spring from.
• Biotransformation & Elimination of Toxicants- The advent of urbanization has surrounded mothers with multiple toxic elements that are often missed and unassessed. Pulling from the latest scientific evidence the OBO program equips mothers with the practical knowledge of avoiding and substituting today’s most commonly used harmful chemicals.
• Stress Management- Stress during pregnancy affects a child’s developing brain, metabolic system and body. Through the OBO stress mangament workshop mothers are taught the multiple ways of managing stress and its link to long term maternal and child diseases.
• Exercise in Pregnancy – Physical exercise is an activity that improves or maintains physical fitness and overall health and wellness. Exercise during pregnancy is important and can help with some common discomforts of pregnancy and support the body for labor, delivery and life after delivery.
• Sleep Management- Establishing good sleep patterns during pregnancy is physically, psychologically and emotionally important. A good sleep pattern plays an important role in the preparation for birth, and protects the baby from the psychological stresses and strains of pregnancy.
Dr. Barburias also gave us a mini tour of their newly-opened facilities designed especially for the mothers that are going to be joiners of the OBO program.
Check out the photos below:
The first-time mom units are painted in pink and white, colors that are very friendly to women.
The rooms are kept clean and ready for any pregnant woman who wants to be accommodated.
The labor room features five beds and high-tech machines. Dr. Barburias also shared that all the people in-charge inside are obgynes.
That’s a sample private room of a woman who just went to labor.
Empowered by Johnson & Johnson, the First Time Mom Unit (FTMU) facility that caters to first timemoms in their medical and hospital needs, and the Delgado Clinic’s Optimal Birth Outcome (OBO)
program aims to deliver enriching workshops for the mother not only to give birth to a healthy
baby, but also to be holistically healthy before, during, and after the pregnancy.
The OBO program is scheduled to launch on January 20 followed by the succeeding workshops on January 27 and February 3, 2018 at the Delgado Clinic.