Men have been dressing up as women on several occasions since the early history of mankind. But what if, some of the most notable actors have “bent” a little bit and go for the challenge just to let loose of their “inner diva”? Would you hate them or love them? But one thing’s for sure, these actors got the balls, and just like the saying “don’t be a drag, just be a queen!” Who do you think stood out and deserves the crown?
1. The legendary Dolphy on one of his most memorable gay roles in “Markova: Comfort Gay”.
This might be just one of the late comedian’s gay roles under his belt but he definitely has been a legend for gay roles for a very long generation since the years of the “Bodabil”. Dolphy is one incomparable actor who has proven his name for the entertainment industry.
2. Dennis Trillo in Aishite Imasu as Ignacio “Inya” Basya.
Remember when he portrayed a role of a trans Filipina during the World War II? Her beauty and charm have caught the eye of a Japanese general that led to the fall of his battalion. A beauty worth surrendering!
3. A man as flawless as Arjo Atayde, he can definitely pull-off a mestiza gay role.
He played a gay parent of 6 years old in a Maalaala Mo Kaya episode, showing his versatility in dramatic roles, but this time in drag. Go girl!
4. Comedians in full drag powerhouse in Nuts Entertainment.
One of the best and funniest segments of Nuts Entertainment called “Balakubak” hosted by the comedians Janno Gibbs, Joey de Leon, Anjo Yllana, Pekto and John Feir, where they portray as showbiz hosts who grill their guests every episode on hilarious questions.
5. Zanjoe, one of the country’s certified hunks have proven he can act, not just a man but a gay man in a comedy movie.
This is one of his most challenging roles when he needed to portray a full-drag in the movie “Bromance: My Brother’s Romance”. Being a hunk may be a hard glass to break when you needed to be more feminine but Zanjoe have carefully studied the role, even making pegs on how he would portray it.